Effective Date: October 2022
Information We Collect
When you visit our Website, certain information may be collected about you. This information can include:
- Identifiers: We collect identifiers which include personal information like name, address, email address, phone number, username and password for our Websites, online identifiers, and shipping address and may also include information such as your social media account information.
- Device Information: When you visit our Website, we learn about your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Website Interactions: We also keep track of the websites and pages users visit within our Website in order to determine what services are the most popular.
- Contact Information: We may collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Call or Email Records: If you call or email the numbers provided on the Website, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Demographic Information: We have access to demographic details you voluntarily provide to us including your birthdate, gender identity, race/ethnicity, address, and other similar details.
- Payment Information: Your payment details can be collected in connection with an order.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to the Website, including photos, videos, or comments.
How We Collect Your Information
We may collect information directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information from you, whenever you: visit our Website; contact us with questions; upload content to our Website; create an account; sign up for communications; attend conventions and events; participate in our subscription or affiliate programs; respond to a survey; write a review; or use or like our Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Websites, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, such as analytics or advertising companies. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected by third parties, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms may share information with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment: We collect and use your personal information to operate our Website and provide our services to you.
- Communications: We use your information to communicate with you, such as responding to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- Advertising: We also use your information to present advertising online or through other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Website Experience: We may use your information for the operation of the Website, to maintain the quality of the Website, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our Website.
- Personalization: We may use your information to deliver customized content, personalized help and instructions, and other information and services to you.
- Security: We may use your information to protect our Website and our Website users from fraud, security threats, and other harmful activity.
- Surveys: We may use your information to administer surveys and questionnaires.
- Legal Obligations: We will use your information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and in responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Your Information
We may share personal information with:
- Service and Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the operation of our Website, including fulfilling requests, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Website, analytics and reporting, and helping us communicate with you. These third parties may provide services related to the purposes described above, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Business Transfers: If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by or merged with another entity, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another entity, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other entity. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Avid; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Avid; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Avid or the public.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Website from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: NAI Opt-Out and DAA Opt-Out (you will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preference under those programs). You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
- Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Website, but some features and functions may not work.
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18. No one under 18 should share any personal information with us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 18, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records. To request deletion of personal information of a child under 18, please email us at email@example.com.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
Our Website may enable you to navigate to third-party websites through links on our Website. We do this for your convenience. We do not endorse, may not have any affiliation with, do not control, and are not responsible for those third-party websites and/or their Internet and web practices. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from our Website so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information.
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your information. Although we use measures to protect your information, in general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk.
Please send your privacy-related questions, comments, and concerns to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Statement
We will make updates to our privacy practices from time to time. If we make any material changes to our privacy practices, we will update this privacy notice and change the effective date at the top of this page.